How Do You Find Balance in Life?
This is a question that I have struggled with most of my life. I have always worked. When I was still in elementary school, I started working without pay in my grandmother’s beauty shop. I just loved being in the shop; I listened and learned from her and the local community ladies.
Male vs Female Worlds
On the same property, my granddaddy had a barber shop. I quickly noticed the difference in the cultures of the beauty and barber shops. The women were very focused on their families and how to meet their needs. The men talked about politics, religion and other hot topics. So, needless to say, I learned how to function in both the male and female worlds.
How Do You Manage a Busy Life?
When I went to work as an educator, I had the opportunity to attend many workshops on time management. Truly, these trainings helped me on the job. However, when I got home, I was still acting like I was on the clock. I scheduled time for everything. Being a working mother, this skill did pay off. Yet, there was very little me time. Everything was just very busy.
Mind Shift Equals New Perspective
When I retired from life as an educator, I decided to start an encore career. At this time in my life, I can reflect back on what has worked well and not so well. I would like to share with you some tips that might be of help in balancing your own life. Regardless, of what stage of life you are in, we can all benefit from learning how to balance life. So, here it goes.
- Schedule some time each day for you and your Higher Power. A few minutes in the morning and a few minutes in the evening can make a huge difference in keeping your life centered.
- Make time for self-care. Get the needed sleep that you need. Try to eat healthy. Make time for exercise. Drink the water. Have a hobby that you enjoy and maybe can share with your family and friends.
- Find some way to keep up with your time. A daily planner, the calendar on your phone or computer, a wall calendar, facebook calendar…whatever works best for you.
- First, write down your time for your Higher Power and self care.
- Next, write down important dates and events for your family and friends.
- Then, write in your work times, and business events or trips.
- Using your weekly and/or monthly calendars, create your daily To-Do list. Try to keep your to-do-list around 5 to 7 tasks per day. Also, strive to tie your To-Do list to your calendar. I try to complete my To-Do for the next day the night before.
- At the end of each day, I encourage you to reflect on your day. This is a great time to re-evaluate where you are with your goals in life and how much balance you are creating in it.
You are only given so many minutes, hours, and days on this earth. Use them wisely.
I hope that you have found value in this writing.
P.S. Do you want to learn how to attract more customers? To learn more, click Here.